Your privacy is important to Zen eServices Pte. Ltd.
We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of your Personal Data. We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of your Data is protected and maintained.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following Personal Data from you, such as:
- full name;
- contact number;
- email address;
- residential address;
- any information that you provide by filling in forms on www.zenrooms.com or our mobile application (our “Portal”), including information provided at the time of registering to use our Portal such as full name, contact number and e-mail address;
- financial data such as credit card or debit card information, bank account details or modes of payment;
- details about your bookings via our Portal such as accommodation name, accommodation location, number of guests, length of stay, and special requests; and
- when required for security or fraud preventions reasons, copies of identification documents with photo and copies of credit or debit cards used for payment.
HOW WE MAY COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
Other than collecting personal data which you provide directly to us, or automatically upon your use our Portal, we may also collect personal data through third parties located in various countries, including third party sales channels through which you make your bookings.
We may collect information about your computer or your mobile device, including where available, terminal information, IP address, geographic data, operating system and browser type, language settings and pages that have been shown to you, for system administration, to report aggregate information to third parties, and for security and/or technical/customer support purposes.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Portal, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
PURPOSES FOR USE, COLLECTION AND DISCLOSURE OF THE INFORMATION
The accessibility and operation of the Technology may rely on technologies outside the control of ZEN ROOMS. As such, we do not guarantee continuous accessibility, uninterrupted operation, or specific level of performance of the Technology.
- verifying your identity;
- carrying out our obligations under any agreements entered into between you and us, and for such purpose, creating a user account, processing and confirming your reservation, communicating with you about services requested (e.g., special requests, cancellation, rewards);
- allowing us to communicate with you and to provide you with information, products or services you have requested from us;
- allowing you to participate in the interactive features of our service;
- improving user experience;
- detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities;
- security, technical and/or customer support reasons;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- conducting surveys, and sending you marketing information about our goods and services, including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and other promotions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the abovementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
CONSENT TO COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data
Others’ Personal Data
Please ensure that you speak to others before providing their Personal Data to us. Kindly inform them that our collection, use and disclosure of their Personal Data is solely for the purposes in paragraph 6 above.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group (including our subsidiaries, affiliates, related entities, and/or holding company).
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the Services, or otherwise in connection with your use of our Platform;
- to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to fulfil any of the purposes listed above;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if Zen eServices Pte. Ltd. or substantially all of its shares or assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and/or
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your Personal Data by dropping us an email at email@example.com.
While we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature or scope of your request, we may no longer be able to continue providing our services to you. We will notify you of the consequences of your request before completing processing of your request.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have a right to access Personal Data collected by us about you, or to correct and/or update any Data that we currently hold. If you would like to access or correct your Data, simply drop us an email with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our customer care representative will review your request and respond to you.
We endeavour to ensure that all decisions involving your personal data are based upon accurate and timely information. While we will do our best to base our decisions on accurate information, we rely on you to disclose all relevant information and to inform us of any significant changes. In order to ensure that your Personal Data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your Personal Data by informing us at email@example.com.
We may retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We will cease to retain your Personal Data or anonymise such Personal Data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.